What is Digital Marketing?
With how accessible the internet is today, would you believe me if I told you the number of people who go online every day is still increasing?
It is. In fact, “constant” internet usage among adults increased by 5% in just the last three years, according to Pew Research. And although we say it a lot, the way people shop and buy really has changed along with it — meaning offline marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be.
Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means you need to meet them where they are already spending time: on the internet.
Digital Marketing Agencies Tanzania
The best digital marketers have a clear picture of how each digital marketing campaign supports their overarching goals. And depending on the goals of their marketing strategy, marketers can support a larger campaign through the free and paid channels at their disposal.
A content marketer, for example, can create a series of blog posts that serve to generate leads from a new ebook the business recently created. The company’s social media marketer might then help promote these blog posts through paid and organic posts on the business’s social media accounts. Perhaps the email marketer creates an email campaign to send those who download the ebook more information on the company. We’ll talk more about these specific digital marketers in a minute.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most common digital marketing tactics and the channels involved in each one.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is the process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include:
This term denotes the creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers. The channels that can play a part in your content marketing strategy include:
- Blog posts.
- Ebooks and whitepapers.
- Online brochures and lookbooks.
Want to learn and apply content marketing to your business? Check out HubSpot Academy’s free content marketing training resource page.
Social Media Marketing
This practice promotes your brand and your content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business. The channels you can use in social media marketing include:
PPC is a method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. One of the most common types of PPC is Google AdWords, which allows you to pay for top slots on Google’s search engine results pages at a price “per click” of the links you place. Other channels where you can use PPC include:
- Paid ads on Facebook.
- Promoted Tweets on Twitter.
- Sponsored Messages on LinkedIn.
This is a type of performance-based advertising where you receive commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website. Affiliate marketing channels include:
Native advertising refers to advertisements that are primarily content-led and featured on a platform alongside other, non-paid content. BuzzFeed-sponsored posts are a good example, but many people also consider social media advertising to be “native” — Facebook advertising and Instagram advertising, for example.
Marketing automation refers to the software that serves to automate your basic marketing operations. Many marketing departments can automate repetitive tasks they would otherwise do manually, such as:
- Email newsletters.
- Social media post scheduling.
- Contact list updating.
- Lead-nurturing workflows.
- Campaign tracking and reporting.
Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is often used to promote content, discounts and events, as well as to direct people toward the business’s website. The types of emails you might send in an email marketing campaign include:
- Blog subscription newsletters.
- Follow-up emails to website visitors who downloaded something.
- Customer welcome emails.
- Holiday promotions to loyalty program members.
- Tips or similar series emails for customer nurturing.
Online PR is the practice of securing earned online coverage with digital publications, blogs, and other content-based websites. It’s much like traditional PR, but in the online space. The channels you can use to maximize your PR efforts include:
- Reporter outreach via social media.
- Engaging online reviews of your company.
- Engaging comments on your personal website or blog.
Inbound marketing refers to the “full-funnel” approach to attracting, engaging, and delighting customers using online content. You can use every digital marketing tactic listed above throughout an inbound marketing strategy.
Accounting Software Tanzania
What is ERPNext?
Accounting software tanzania. ERPNext is an open source web-based system aimed at small and medium sized businesses. It assists companies with accounting, human resource management, sales, purchase, inventory, CRM, administration, project and task management, manufacturing, and even website. ERPNext is built using Python, Frappe, and MySQL.
ERP systems, which stands for Enterprise-Resource Planning, are necessary for every modern company and take care of all aspect of a business. The main issue is that ERPs are complex and expensive due to cost of the system itself, hardware and consulting fees. In this case web-based ERP solution is less costly to implement and maintain.
ERPNext is the perfect example of the software that will help company to organize and manage the work of each department. ERPNext is an open source web-based system aimed at small and medium sized businesses. It assists companies with accounting, project and task management, sales, purchase, inventory, CRM, administration, human resource management, manufacturing, and even website. This system is the most suitable for businesses in manufacturing, retail, and distribution spheres. Extensive functionality is integrated into a single platform for easy management.
ERPNext is built using Python and MySQL as the database backend. The underlying web app framework is called Frappe and is a separate platform for development and deployment of rich web applications. ERPNext has a Model-View-Controller architecture that together with metadata modeling tools provides flexibility: users are able to adapt the system to unique purposes of their business without the need for custom programming. Users can use ERPNext as a Software as a service or host it on their own.
Main ERPNext features:
- Cross-compatibility. Since ERPNext is an online tool, it can be used on a wide variety of platforms and devices.
- Flexibility. Metadata modelling allows to customize applications without programming.
- Comprehensive user interface. Enhanced UI was designed to be understandable, productive and easy to use.
- Organisation: calendar, simple social network and messaging service, built-in to-do lists and projects, time log entries, embedded reporting system with office suite integration.
- Accounting and Billing: multi-currency and multi-country support, powerful accounting with tax calculations, company’s chart of accounts and cost centres, a wide range of reports, built-in tools for bank and payment reconciliation, payment vouchers.
- Sales and CRM: reports for all company’s sales, quotations, support requests, newsletters, management and communication with both existing and potential customers.
- Inventory management and Manufacturing: inventory warehouses, inventory valuations, managing the stock either batchwise or by Serial Numbers of items. Production Planning Tool helps to plan production and materials beforehand.
- HR: leave and attendance management, expense claims submission, payroll, appraisals, etc.
- Website and Shopping Cart. Users can generate a fully functional and styled website with their product catalog and shopping cart.
ERPNext shows that ERP does not need to be complex and heavy to be effective. This system is simple, powerful, and full of features. It allows departments of small or medium sized companies to run smoothly and communicate with one another using resources of one unified solution. Moreover, Frappe helps to extend ERPNext and implement custom functionality via the API or creation of fully featured extensions for specific business needs. Visit erpnext website for more information.